Non Destructive Structural Testing
See What’s Going On Inside Concrete Structures
Before Risking Injuries And Equipment Failures From Accidentally Hitting Steel With Cutting Tools
Ground Penetrating Radar
Non-destructive testing of build structures is carried out mainly with high resolution Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) antennas.
GPR can see into concrete pavements, tarmacadam roads, railway ballast, brick buildings and precast slabs to discover the steel mesh and grid structure inside – and detect possible faults and failure points.
GPR structural testing technology can be used on any concrete structure:
GPR structural testing is non-destructive, and allows the detection of concealed objects – like reinforcement steel, post tensioning, cables, conduits and voids – without the need to break the concrete out, and reducing risk when concrete cutting or drilling is needed.
Trust Minerex Geophysics to gain full visibility of your concrete structures and deliver reliable information – enabling you to reduce risks and better manage your project site.
A concrete structural test is essential during construction to:
- Simplify concrete drilling, cutting, and coring,
- Minimize damage to utilities, rebar, post-tension cables, pipes, and conduits,
- Preserve structural integrity of concrete,
- Avoid the cost of mid-project repairs.
Christchurch Ground Penetrating Radar
Do I Need A Concrete Scan?
The answer is Yes, if:
- You plan on cutting, coring or drilling existing concrete during construction.
- You suspect a failure or weakness of an existing built concrete structure on your site or project.
Talk with our engineering team to find out more – click the link below to get in contact.